Sunday, December 16, 2012

Slow Shutter Speed With Flash

This was my photo of a slow shutter with flash.

I asked my friend who was DJING one night if I could come and take photos for my class...he said yes.

So what I did was experimented and this was the best one of the batch...what I did was I picked my framing...or at least how I wanted it to look...waited for the drop (where the bass kicks in, which would make him, the DJ, go crazy for the crowd), then I set my shutter speed to 1/2 a second, I then set my focus manually, locked it in, and opened my aperture so I got proper exposure, my ISO was around 6400. I set my flash to 1st Curtain Sync so I got the light streaks, and on my 24-70, I went in tight to 70mm, then I timed it, when I hit the shutter, I zoomed out, so that just as the shutter opened and the flash went off, I went wide, and I hit 24mm (the widest focal length i could go on that lens) just as the curtain began to close.



I was very happy with the results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment