Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exploration of a Photographer

My choice of photographer, and a great influence of mine is Peter Hurley. I would argue that he is one of the greatest portrait photographers out there. I love his style, and also, having seen him in person in action, I feel that his greatest strength, beside his signature look (more on that later), is that he has one of the, if not the, most charismatic personalities I've ever seen. The way he is able to get his models (normally actors looking for headshots, or people wanting a portrait) to emote, to show their true emotion, but the emotion that he wants them to show is amazing.


Also, his style is just fantastic. He normally uses a set of Kino Flo's, which creates a fantastic, sharp light, with some great highlights sculpting the face. Also the use of Kino Flo's is able to destroy the interruption that a strobe creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment